2.05.2014

Anywhere but here. . .


There's something magical about a late night's snowfall. The warm glow from the street lamps look even more golden with the snow being lightly sifted on it's surface and the bare branches of the trees look like they're straight from a winter wonderland where they've been frosted with powdered sugar. But come morning, the inevitable sloshing of plow truck tires never fail to splatter the pristine white surface of the newly fallen snow making it an art piece of its own at times. 

As someone who lives in a house with a driveway, that means it's time to disturb the white blanket that has been laid down. Sometimes us house-dwellers are lucky with light, powdery snow that actually puffs into the air when moved. Other times, we can be cursed with the heaviest, wettest, and iciest forms there are - as I have been today. It's been the third time I've shoveled snow in two days and - dare I say it? - I may just have had enough of this particular wonder of winter! I love the colder weather since I get to bundle up in countless layers and cozy sweaters, but I think it's time for a change, don't you?  

While my hopes for the snow to stop have been crushed due to weather.com's forecast of this weekend's coming snow shower, the only thing I can do is stare at these gorgeous sites and imagine myself there soaking up the sun. Where do you want to get away to?


 


 










 




*all photos taken from Pinterest & Tumblr

6 thoughts:

  1. Amazing pics, so dreamy. *__*
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos <3
    Check out my latest outfit post?

    Your Princess is in Another Castle

    xx Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! (:

    Maybe we can follow to each other?

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing photos ! <3

    xoxo
    hypnotizingfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post… loving the summer inspiration!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete

thanks for your thoughts!